Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 2 done

I forgot to put the numbing cream on my port. The nurses put some on and also sprayed it. I forgot my co-pay. Luckily, my friend, Carolyn paid for me. It turns out that Mom came last Tuesday and promptly got sick. I took her to a clinic yesterday and she's all set with an antibiotic for a sinus infection. And Nathan was off all week with a virus. It's a bit ironic that the lady with cancer had to take care of two sickies all week. I was quite productive--I did laundry, mopped the kitchen floor, walked the dog. I sprayed lots of Lysol and washed hands a lot. The next two weeks my immune system will be suppressed and I have to be careful. More hand washing.

Otherwise, nothing to report. It went as smoothly as the first day. I've been able to eat tonight again. I'm so glad for these chemo drugs and these nausea meds that they all work. Some of the chemo meds are so potent that the nausea meds don't always work.

Halfway. Oh, I had the same private room. No movies because we talked the whole time. Talk to you soon, love, nancy

8 comments:

jbweiser said...

Half way done! Yeah! And all with a smile and a great attitude!

Love ya, you new homeowner you...

Jay

Blessed&Content said...

I love you Nancy. You are constantly in my prayers; which yes, I have been praying!

Unknown said...

Nancy,

I think you're amazing! I enjoyed our fun conversations! What a beautiful new home. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Carolyn

MBZ said...

Thinking of you, and I'll email about seeing you when I'm in the Denver area in 2 weeks, but only if you're up to it.

Love,

Melanie

Blessed&Content said...

Hey girl,

Well how are you doing today?? Today has been a usual Lori adventure. Gotta love 'em. Just filled with unpredictable things that I just roll through. Maybe I will just roll to Denver sometime for an adventure. What do you think? That sounds like fun. We could do some laughing. Nothing like a good real hug. Hmmm, wonder what Kevin will think?

sillydayz said...

So that's where I'll b staying. Nice Crib. I got a thing now so this is who i am. Guess :) So your package should b with u soon. Miss U! U sounds great on the phone. I was happy also Tooth not hurting Praise God! I am thinking about getting the others out soon. Now do U know who i am? the little one want to spell gfdndbdvcsbsbvxc 1vzcsvzaczxddgddrr3f
love/acZVAZSSSDEGFRF OK so if you know what this says please tell me :)
Godbless U&family :))

sillydayz said...

it's Em Little one hit the wrong button

Blessed&Content said...

So I wonder if the package Em is talking about, is one I am thinking of. . . .how are you girl? I've been doing the mighty adventures. Miss you and praying for you. Pray for Sister Pauline Roy as she is in the hospital. Greg put a blog together for her. Love you. Blessed & Content in Mass.