Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday

Mom is doing well. All tests are normal. I know, as normal as she can be... She thinks she'll go home tomorrow after a stress test.

I called the HOA and the lady I talked to said that others had received the same letter even after just painting their homes within the last year. Big sigh. All we need to do is write a note on the letter telling them we think we received it in error. It seems that that will be the end of it. Welcome to the neighborhood. The letter threatened legal action and they didn't even have the courtesy to sign it. It was a form letter with ridiculously strong language. Unbelievable. Perhaps we'll sleep better tonight.

So I have a friend who had to go back for a second mammogram. I'm trying to practice patience. But after a phone call and e-mail and still no word, I'm not being too patient. She hasn't blogged since Jan. 3 either. (Oh, is this how you feel when I don't blog?)

I'm doing some research on breast cancer. Surprisingly, I am finding more on breast feeding and breast cancer. The idea that it is a "protective factor" sits better with me than calling it a preventative. Since the researchers aren't sure what causes it, they also haven't found a way to stop it from happening. Thus, they can't say one factor or another prevents breast cancer. I'm not finding concrete numbers. But there have been some studies done this year.

I re-submitted Nate's application to the Challenge School. We'll find out in Mid-February. Having both boys at the same school would be wonderful.

Do you know how stupid soap operas are? I can't even begin to explain. I know I should shut the TV off. I guess it's just amusing.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

nanc - it was insensitive of me not too respond ... when i came home wednesday it was to 20 teens for youth group at our home and i rolled into conference calls the next morning and ugh it's busy season (did you know I am in big crunch with my job in jan & feb?) and neighborhood bible study early 'til late last evening, boulder to see ryan today and guests for dinner tonight ... but in the busyness, i think that i was also avoiding the issue.

it was a terrible experience this past wednesday from a pain standpoint. so bad that the conclusion that the white spot must come out this next tuesday didn't really bother me too much.

but i am stressing about the pain of the procedure this coming tuesday. So there you have it my lovely special pursuing caring precious friend - that's the story of where i am.

i'm sorry that i was under a rock the past 48 hours. it must feel safer there for some reason (??) Please forgive me. i love that you care :)

sherrie