Monday, January 14, 2008

20 years!

"It was 20 years ago today. Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play." You know the rest.

Did you know that Jay and I have been married 20 years? We were married on a Wednesday in Orlando, FL. Jay had just graduated from Navy boot camp. I had graduated from college Dec. 19. We went to the Orlando court house. A very pregnant Justice of the Peace married us. Kinda funny when she took us into another room, we though she was taking us to someone else but it was her! Jay had to go back to the base that night. He thinks he only stayed two nights on base. I found us an apartment and we moved in on Friday. I was living at a very small hotel. Only for a week. It was the least expensive one I could find. And there weren't any critters scattering when you put the lights on!

Yes, I did mean that anyone could come for our New Year's Day party! We even have space for you to stay here. You can come any other time, too!

To commemorate this special day, we decided to go to a very special restaurant called the "V.I." Have you heard of it? They have great pie. That's really why I wanted to go there. It was my idea. The "V. I."--have you been there? Yes, we went to the Village Inn! It's like Bickford's or Perkins. I had coconut cream, Nate & Jay had white chocolate cherry and Aaron had a brownie with ice cream on it. It was excellent. It was my idea. I want you to know that because I don't want anyone telling Jay, "You took her where?" We had some lovely dinner conversation. We talked about bottom feeders and the fish we don't want to eat. We talked about the poor girl in Nate's math class who vomited. We were also treated to Jay singing some Village People songs on the way home. YMCA, Macho Man, In the Navy. We were at the Village Inn.

I'm not feeling so bad today! Making cookies and taking them to Sherrie was so helpful. Taurus was a bit put out by the change in schedule. But he did get a nice walk out of it. We went to a park by Sherrie's. And I'm happy to make those Red N' Whites for you anytime!!! That recipe came out of a book by Diane Mott Davidson who is a mystery writer here in Denver. I found that recipe about 10 years ago. I made them for my neighbors, Nancy & Bill and Senada & Alex. Nancy & Senada loved it when I made those, too! One friend I took them to told me, "There must be a pat of butter in every one!" Not really, but they do go nicely with a cup of coffee in the afternoon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! <3

Unknown said...

Oh! And Happy Birthday too!!!

Sherrie said...

Happy anniversary, happy birthday, happy love!!!

Jodi said...

Nancy,

Happy Birthday!! And Happy 20th Annivesrary!! I couldn't remember which year was #20, but I guess this is it. And the VI sounds AWESOME. A hundred times better than awesome even!! Can we go when I come to visit??

And I have NO idea what red & whites are. But I love Diane Mott Davidson. Her books are fun to listen to on audio in the car. I've never used her recipes, but they always sound so good...

Anyway, time for a meeting. Happy Anniversary to you and Jay!!!