Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday, Jan. 18

We got a call from the person who keeps the paint books for our home owners association. I had called them the night we got that crazy letter telling us to paint the whole house. She said that around 100 (out of 500) homes in our neighborhood received that letter. She also said she and her husband drove around to check homes themselves. We do need to do some minor touch-up painting. She said we don't need to paint the whole house. But that touch-up isn't going to be done until it's warmer. Certainly not in 20 degree weather.

I'm looking at different cars. I'd like one that gets better gas mileage but still fits Taurus with one seat removed. I found two small mini-van or cross-over kinds of cars. The Mazda5 and the Kia Rondo. Since I drive Aaron to and from school I've been looking at cars. What else is there to do? Since I'm driving, it's costing lots in gas. More than we anticipated. I've been taking the mileage and feel like my Dad who used to write it all down all the time. I thought I'd call the dealers to find out if either has easily removable seats. Both have fold down seats but Taurus would never fit. Nor would he climb in over the seats. He's not that coordinated. We tried using the boys' old toddler bed for Taurus to sleep on. His foot slipped one time and he never would get back on that little bed.

3 comments:

jbweiser said...

For those who have never met Taurus, it should be pointed out that lifting him into the car is not an option...

Wendy said...

Your comment about your dad taking down milage made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! My dad did that with every fill up! You took me back, sister!

Jodi said...

My (our) dad had a SLIDE RULE in the glove compartment and would use it and write down the mileage every time he filled the tank. Ah... those were the days...

And no, lifting Taurus into the car is definitely not an option!!