Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Catching up

Ahhh--our internet is back. Still needed more phone calls to get it done. Crazy. But now I can look up some recipes. Jay wants a chocolate stout cake. That one's not in my cookbooks. It hasn't been bad to be in a townhouse. I liked that it was smaller. Until I wanted to send the boys to the basement that we didn't have. This house doesn't feel like "my" house yet. It will though.

Here's last week:
June 2, 2007 posted on June 5

Without internet for 5 days. It was supposed to be connected last night. Jay’s spent 8 hours (several different calls) with Qwest to get the problems ironed out. He thought it was taken care of on Tuesday but not so. Actually, they didn’t have the order for it today. The order that was requested at least three times. All service was to be completed on May 25: transfer phone and internet. Jay found out the seller hadn’t turned off their service which prevented our service from being turned on in the new house. No one could get in touch with them. Jay faxed our deed and other paperwork to Qwest on the 25th to prove our ownership. We did get the phone on Wednesday. And no internet on Friday. So he called today. The only thing that needs completed is a tech guy needs to re-route our service to this address. No one needs to come out here. It’s all to be done in their system remotely, electronically. And no one could do it today. Unbelievable. Not sure how many people Jay talked to today. It wasn’t pretty for two hours on our end. He wasn’t unreasonable, just frustrated that this simple thing couldn’t be done.

We don’t have phone books. Jay couldn’t look up Lenscrafters today. We couldn’t look up Dominoes either. I can’t blog. Same with maps. No Google Maps or Mapquest. I can’t look up recipes either. Jay looked up custard from a book at Walmart. A book! Such a dependence on the internet.

I was going to ask for help to clean the townhouse; however, it’s done. Mom and I went over to wash clothes on Wednesday. I cleaned the bathrooms. And Mom finished emptying the odds and ends left in the kitchen. We took that stuff to the new house. It was then time to go get the boys at school. I dropped Mom and Aaron off at the townhouse so Nate and I could go to an appointment. When we got back, Mom had vacuumed the whole townhouse. She was on the last room. Nate went right up and scared her. Why that’s so funny as I think about it I don’t know. Aaron had also mopped the kitchen. He calls it “weird mopping.” He dances and spins in circles and does mouth music. And somehow the floor gets clean. Thursday we went back for the clothes that were left to dry and finished the kitchen. And that’s that.

Friday was a do-mostly-nothing day. We decided to quit after Mom dropped a globe on her toe. That was the end of our organizing. So we watched a funny Tyler Perry video—a Madea video: I Can Do Bad All By Myself. Aaron started baseball last night. He’s in the first & second grade level. He will have some games at 8:15pm and 8:30 pm. Some days that’s my bedtime and way past Aaron’s.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How were you able to survive without the internet???? Glad to see you're plugged back in. I'm going to try to actually talk to you before I see you on Saturday. I'll call this evening.

Hugs and kisses,
Meredith

jbweiser said...

FYI - the Chocolate Stout Cake recipe from the Barrington Brewery that we went to in the Berkshires can be found here:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/107105

Jodi said...

No internet?? And more importantly, no chocolate cake????!! Something is wrong with the world if you can't get chocolate cake...

There must be some vibe going on becuase I've been researching easy brownie recipes for my neighbor's exchange student to take back to Germany with her...

And baseball games for a 6-yr-old at 8:15?? Who are they kidding... I'm half asleep at 8:15.

OK. Gotta go.
Love you!
Jodi

sillydayz said...

I am just going to write u letters I dislike the computer !

sillydayz said...

To much stuff to do than to write what u want u to say. So anyways Did you like taylor perry movie or what it to much for u? So how u beeen ? See what I mean you hit the wrong button & everything is mixed up. Ok tooth came out on Wed. i have pain not so bad. I just know I don't have a tooth there. Hugs & prayers I'll write u more chapter 458 of the life. HA HA :) godbless u&FAmily Em ;0 :0 no I am not screamming wrong button