Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday, June 13

Hello all--

I did do better this time. Drinking gallons of water daily helped me keep my faculties. I'm not sure exactly how much I drank but I never let my glass stay empty for long. The movie--we watched The Big Chill that night. One of my favorites. I didn't take the computer this time. Laverne and her friend, Rosemary, drove mom and I to my treatment. The nurse said we were having a party. It was nice to talk the day away.

Meredith visited from Boston. She and Jay took the boys to the aquarium. Mom and Meredith took the boys swimming. On Tuesday Aaron graduated from kindergarten. (Kindergarten graduation--such a concept.) We all went and learned that Aaron wants to be a lifeguard. Would you believe mom and Meredith actually made me unpack some of my clothes boxes? Of all the nerve...

From Nate: He received several certificates. One was a paper plate award which named Nate as the "Ace of Spades." This means that he was a high achiever this year. Some other paper plate awards were: the bookworm, the dreamer, bright star, inspector gadget, the three musketeers, He also received a Citizenship Certificate for being reliable all year. The last certificate was for Academic Achievement. Nathan is thrilled that school is over! We will be learning Spanish this summer. The teachers and the fifth graders played volleyball. The teachers won 20-3. Nate's favorite thing at the aquarium was that he got to pet stingrays. He also got splashed by stingrays when they swam fast towards him. There was a flash flood display where everyone got splashed from the rushing water.

I wanted to say thanks for all the other support we've received. Kathy has coordinated meals for us. We've had five meals, every other day starting each day of treatment. We have all enjoyed trying new dinners and the boys love the desserts. I don't do too much with desserts. We might have ice cream or cookies. We've had some great brownies, a chocolate eclaire custard dessert, cakes, pies, and cream puffs. All things that the boys want me to continue to make. I also want to thank Tina for requesting things for me like setting up gals to pack, going to appontments and watching the boys. Lastly, I'm certain my words are not enough to say thanks for all of the prayers. I thank God for you daily.

5 comments:

Blessed&Content said...

Nancy - I thank God for you in my life. Glad things are going better. Water always seem to make a difference; imagine if it is the "living water" :) What great achievments for Nate - he is on his way to many more I am sure! Again you are a blessing in my life, with much love going out to you!

Wendy said...

Nancy,

How wonderful to be surrounded by such a loving supportive group. I only wish I could be there too :(

Congratulations to Nate, it is always nice to be acknowledged. Lauren had her 5th grade "promotion" ceremony on Monday. She received the honor of "Outstanding Student" and her name is on a plaque at her elementary school. I almost cried!

Love Ya!
Wendy

Unknown said...

Nancy,

Made it back to the east coast - 2 hours later than expected and no luggage, but I made it. The boys are sleeping in this morning.

I really enjoyed my time with you and the family. My worries about you have settled. You are doing incredibly well and it makes my world ok. The support you're receiving is incredible. You are loved by so many. I'll talk with you soon.

Love you,
Meredith

Blessed&Content said...

Hey girl,
How was the day? What is the name of your church you go to so I can try and get the sermon? Got a great story for you the next time we chat; but then again I always have some adventurous story! When is the next treatment? Glad this one went well. miss you.

MBZ said...

It was wonderful seeing you last month, and thank you for welcoming us into your home! My boys talked about your boys for DAYS and wanting to go back to see you guys! I'm glad the move is going well, and you have great support there. Say hi to Juli and everyone for us!

Melanie