Thursday, June 28, 2007

I graduated!

Day 4 done! The nurses came and sang to me: For she's a jolly good fellow... and gave me a rose. I got a little teary. Hadn't expected it. But I also remember April and thinking that June 28 would never get here.

We watched cooking shows today. Saw some good stuff and some not so good stuff. The thing they all do is taste the food to show just how good it is but sometimes the cooks aren't convincing. How can we believe it if we can't smell it? I got a few ideas. We'll try them soon.

The next few weeks will be filled with a couple of appointments. Bloodwork, oncologist, removal of the port, radiologist. I should get my schedule for the radiation. Something like 25 to 35 sessions, every day except weekends and holidays. This is the easy part. So they tell me.

Another thought, I was promised baldness. I still have little hairs hanging on. I suppose they might fall out with this treatment, but who knows. I want to have a nice, smooth head but I may not get it. Like Jean-Luc Picard on Star Trek. There's a small patch of hair around my crown, Nate calls it my "island." "Let me see the island." Weirdo.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. They hold us up. Love ya!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! You made it through!!! Yippee....
Glad to hear things went well. I knew all would be good.

That's a great name for your little tuft of hair - "the island". Nate is so clever.
Take care and hugs.
Love,
Meredith

Jodi said...

Congrats - chemo is done!!!!!!!! I'm so happy that it's out of the way... Wish I could be there to support you in person.....

Maybe soon.
Thinking of you.
Love you!
Jodi

Wendy said...

Fantastic! How nice that they celebrated with you. I check your blog daily. Love you!

Wendy

MBZ said...

Congratulations! You did it!

Love,

Melanie