Thursday, August 30, 2007

Aug. 30

Last day of August. I do get Monday off. I have 7 left--2 like I've had all along and then 5 as a "boost" to the scar. The scar isn't so bad if you're wondering. The skin is healing that was bothering me on Monday.

Did you ever think you'd be blogging? Just think how many of you have expanded your computer knowledge by posting on a blog! That goes for me, too!

The twins turned 2 on Aug. 17. I'll put some pics up of them so you can see. Carol and I talked about the day she called me two years ago to tell me that Juli was in labor. I was unloading groceries and just kept saying over and over, "it's too early." And then I started to pray. I called Barbara and asked her to send an e-mail to our Friday morning bible study group. And I prayed some more. I called my mom in Ohio and Dad also. Prayers went out all over. Our realtor here in CO, Mary, also prayed. (I found this out as we were looking at houses.) Mary and I talked about all the prayers that these two beautiful babies received. And now at two, you wouldn't know that they were born 10 1/2 weeks early. In fact, their pediatrician moved them to "normal" status, not premie, when they were 1 year old. I thank God for Hailey and River and that they are so healthy. They are amazing.

I've had a few questions about what comes next. I'll see the oncologist in October and then every three months for three years. I'll be taking a medication for five years. I think I'll start that in October. I imagine there will be some sort of scan to make sure there's no cancer left. I won't get a mammogram on my radiated side for 6 months after treatment. And the other side will be on the annual schedule (sometime in February.) I will also see the surgeon again. I don't know how long I will see her. I'm sure I'll be seeing the radiologist for a while.

That's all for now--nancy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Nancy,

I've been out of the loop the past few weeks. I'm going through end of summer denial. I don't like this time of year with the boys going back to school and all. Makes me sad :-(

I do love reading your blog though. I feel so much closer to you when I read it. I always love your descriptions of certain events. They make me laugh. Your humor has always put a smile on my face and my heart. Congratulations on the new bedroom set!! And don't fret too much about the house. Things will get cleaned up someday. Can't wait to see you the end of October. Give my love to all!!!

Big hugs,
Meredith

Unknown said...

happy so happy that things are going so well, you sound so positive and upbeat and your wonderful self. I am thrilled with the secret, and can't wait. love to you girl.

MBZ said...

The twins were adorable when we saw them, and Happy Birthday to them!

We're thinking about you!

Melanie