Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Never a dull moment...

What should I tell you first? Nate's bike was stolen out of our garage yesterday. We're not in Bolton (Massachusetts) anymore, Toto! Although even there, my neighbor's house was broken into just before we moved to CO. So we called the police and made a report. The kid who took Nate's bike left his old broken one on the sidewalk. Pure opportunity. We're pretty sure it was a kid because the bike is a 20". I'll be looking at school bike racks. We have an investigator assigned to the case. I don't expect anything to come of it. We don't even know the serial number.

This morning I took Taurus for a walk. Not unusual. We go different ways just to keep it interesting. Today I walked around the school. Well, we get around back and Taurus needs to mark at a few posts. He's marking and an alarm goes off. Great. I'm expecting police, fire and an ambulance to come rushing the school. I walked around to the front and the custodian was in the office shutting the alarm off. I waved and he didn't come out. So we finished our walk and decided we won't be walking around the school anymore.

Today will be treatment #15. Not quite halfway. I have 33 treatments total and 18 to go. The doctor gave me some gel for a spot of redness I have. I told him I love lotions and potions. Not really these of course. But he and the nurse laughed. It's a small thing, I'm easily amused.

3 comments:

sillydayz said...

so my friend tonight i got a call from babydads sister. she wants to c HArm. I am not sure I am praying about it. We all know what happens when my prays get answered. I get the bold answer. And everything comes at once,but hey he only gives us waht we can handle. Mine just is alll @ once! WSo my brain is tried oh I also found out that my next dor neighbors R moving next week. So it alll happens in Gods timing right? Well love u We'lll talk later. Godbless Em

Jodi said...

Nancy,

Well, my super excellent math skills are at work again. I notice you don't have a total of 21 treatments, so having your 12th treatment the other day was NOT halfway. Duh... But I'm glad you ARE nearly halfway done (this time for real).

Hot and humid here - another beautiful day in soupy Cincinnati.

Keep on keepin' on, Nancy! We're all behind you all the way!
Love you,
Jodi

jenny said...

It was good talking to you on the phone the other day. I've been thinking of some snappy retorts to people who stare at your shiny head. Here are some ideas:

I've just escaped from a Buddhist monastary.

I'm in the Van Diesel fan club.

I'm married to one of the Blue Man Group.

I belong to a commune in Boulder.

I lost my hair in a "hair raid."

NASA is using my head to signal the Space Station.

Well, anyway, maybe that brought some laught to YOU. Of course your pink playing card is the best response of all because it reminds people that cancer is real and could be part of their life someday, too.

Love your humor. Keep laughing for us all. Jenny