Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Today's will be 22 done, 11 to go

I'm doing well. Some skin redness but I have gel to use. The nurse calls it "tanning." Not so tan looking to me. And who wants a tan in their armpit anyway? My skin is in tact-not raw or any sores, etc. That's good. They said I might get tired more easily. I'm noticing some of that. But with school starting this week, who knows what is causing it.

First week of school going well. There's no homework so the boys are glad. Driving Aaron isn't so bad. It takes about 20-25 minutes. Nate walks or rides his bike.

We went to buy some book cases for under $30. And ended up getting our bedroom set as well. Jay and I will now have a matching set. Even when we sort of had a matching set, the bed wasn't the same. Not sure why that's important, but it will look nice.

I read an article this week that said that 25% of the women diagnosed with breast cancer have children at home. So imagine your day to day routine and all the stuff you do with the kids, plus breast cancer. Some days I wonder how I do get it all done. Ahh-well, I don't actually. Certain things get left. Like laundry that's upstairs or the kitchen floor that needs mopped. I figure it'll be there later. There's no rush. Things are not out of control at our house. (I don't think so, but maybe Jay ought to comment...) I know if I needed help, I'd call someone. I have had many offers so don't fret that you can't be the one to help me. I'm not talking to anyone in particular, just everyone who doesn't live in CO.

We got a new garage door opener. Those home warranties do work. We just paid for a service call and he installed a new one. Not quite that simple but for me it was. The dealer called the warranty place and set it up. The phone wasn't working this week. They had to come twice. On Tuesday by the time he came, it fixed itself. Yesterday a different guy found a short in one of the cables.

For those of you reading and not posting, let me know by e-mail. I'm getting to the point where I feel like I'm just writing to a black hole. Now I have heard from one of you that you want me to continue. As long as I have something to say, I will. Oh stop choking. Of course I always have something to say...

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Nothing to say??!! Hahaha.. I so can't relate!!!!

Please do keep writing - I like hearing all the news, even if I don't have time to publish a comment...

Only 11 more treatments to go - woooohoooo!!!

I'll cheer in person to you next week!
Jodi

jenny said...

Nance,

I recommend your blog to various people I know who have cancer. Even if they don't respond, I'm sure there are lots of folks who are reading and being encouraged. Keep it up!
Jenny

jbweiser said...

I agree about keeping up the blog even though I get most of this in person. As for the house "not being out of control" - I'd say no more than usual anyway. ;-)

- Jay

Blessed&Content said...

Nancy,

I check the blog SEVERAL times a day! I don't post all the time because I don't know how often you are reading it! It makes me feel closer to you. By the sounds of it the boys are in separate schools. That is a bummer because I prayed for them to go to the same school. I have still been very sick with no real source of the cause. I got your note! Exciting news. . .Em had not told me!!

sillydayz said...

Girl I love to hear well about u It's like your talking to me in person! Please keep writing its the only reason Y I go on this Computer thing realy. Oh I have email But noone writes. Hey Life happens. !! 11 that's Awsome Y go Girl. Hey when ever u need a laugh let me just tell u what happen to me that Day. Oh THankX 4 calling that Day U so Blessed me!! Hey got a new Add. I am sending it to U. Girl I LOve U! Keep going!! Miss Ya!!! Love Em

MBZ said...

Keep writing!

Melanie