Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday, Sept. 4

Today I drove Aaron to school but there wasn't school for him today. Who has a day off from school when they just started two weeks ago? Aaron, I guess. We came home and printed up a "No School Calendar." For the major breaks, the boys have the same days off. But for "non-contact conferences," they have different days off. That'll be interesting. Hopefully we'll remember to check the calendar often.

At church on Sunday I had an obstructed view. Obstructed view? I never thought I'd go to church and not be able to see the pastor. In a church that could hold 1,000 easy, I suppose there's bound to be obstructed views. I'll pay more attention to where I sit the next time. Pastor John is speaking from the book of Colossians. He took a little detour in Jeremiah and Joshua. But if you'd like to hear some good messages go to: http://www.gracechapel.org/resources/resourcessermons.htm If you aren't able to play them, let me know, I'll get you a CD or tape of it.

Let's talk about hair. It's growing back. I only had a completely bald head around July 22 when I shaved the rest of it off. Then I had stubble again pretty quickly. About two weeks ago, my eye brows and eye lashes started falling out. I thought all that hair loss was over. Ahh-not so. So now my brows and lashes are tiny 3 mm things. They are actually growing quicker than I thought they would. I don't need an eye brow pencil anymore. I'll be glad when I don't need so much make-up.

Have a blessed week. nancy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Nancy,

Missing you big time today. Day 2 of school and I wish I had a pal to go with me to the Tea House. Can't you take a quick flight out here for some yummy scones? Glad to hear your hair is growing back and I'm trying to picture you without eyebrows. That vision makes me chuckle. Hope the boys are adapting to their new school schedule. See you soon and love you.

Meredith

Jodi said...

Nancy,

I was so glad to see you in person I didn't even notice the eyebrows or eyelashes!! Goes to show how observant I am... But I thought you looked great and you acted just like your normal self, which I was happy to see. You may not have felt normal, but no one would have known by the way you were acting...

Oh yea, and the reptile petting zoo. YUCK! The boys loved it, but once the snakes started coming down off the tree branches, I bolted. No thanks...

Anyway, I can't speak for everyone, but KEEP POSTING!!! I don't care how mundane they are, I like keeping abreast (HA - get it!?)...

And as for doctors, I bet it's weird having a different doc for each breast. Just kidding... trying to keep track of appointments for my two is hard enough, but keeping track of appointments for each one? Wow... serious organization!

More later.
Love you, Nancy!
Jodi