Sunday, February 24, 2008

What goes in, must come out.

I thought I had to be on a clear liquid diet yesterday. It turns out that I only had to do it today when I'm prepping for the colonoscopy. I read those sheets more than once. I re-read them at dinnertime, and discovered that it was only for today. I did eat dinner. And today I'm drinking my food. White grape juice, apple juice, broth. I can also have popsicles and italian ice, as long as there are no red dyes in them. My motto is, "what goes in, must come out."

Yesterday I was doing some car research on-line. I wanted to know where are the 30 MPG mid-size SUV's. So I'm searching around and find a Ford Escape Hybrid. 33 city, 30 highway--yes, that's right, city is better than highway because highway driving is mostly just gas not electric. You might see where this is going. I called the dealer to find out if there was one on the lot. There was, so I asked him if I could bring the dog to find out if he would fit. If he doesn't fit, we're dead in the water. Taurus did fit. He jumped into the back, no problem. I think he could lie down and still see out the window. They all thought that was funny, Ford Taurus, Taurus the dog. Ha-ha. Before we even went, Jay and I talked about the boys sitting side by side and them getting along. They would need to deal, and get over the bickering. Some of you are chuckling already. Aren't you? Better gas mileage, smaller vehicle, and one we still fit into was what I was looking for before. We pick it up on Monday. One other bonus for buying a hybrid is that we'll get tax credits on state and federal taxes next year. Anything to help with taxes. Plus it's green. Less emissions, etc. Here's a picture--http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/escapehybrid/ It's black pearl slate metallic.

I'm doing the "I don't own a mini-van" dance...

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I read Nate's email about the new car. I replied and asked him what color the new car is. I'm pretty sure he'll think I'm a dork for asking. But I like knowing the color of the car!! I think that the black pearl/metallic is pretty. And I think Taurus in the Ford is funny - I said the same thing to Mom yesterday! A new car - exciting! I can't wait to hear about the hybrid thing... I don't know a lot about how they work, but I would like to learn.

Prepping for the colonoscopy sounds like the best part of the procedure, unfortunately... Sad but true...

Gotta run. Congrats on finding the car you wanted. Now if only you could post a video of the I'm-no-longer-driving-a-mini-van dance....