Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday

We have too much drama at our house. At about 8am, Nate starts yelling in that kind of "I'm in pain" sort of yelling. Then he starts running around and I couldn't find him. (You can run in a cirlcle on the main floor of our house. I was in the laundry room so didn't know where he started.) I tell him to stand still. I find him with blood running out of his nose, gushing. He had been chasing the dog and playing. He said he was running and his toe got caught in his pant leg and he fell towards the rocker by the window and hit his nose/upper lip on the window ledge. I know why I'm not a nurse. I see blood and want to just pass out or throw-up. I left Nate with Jay in the kitchen and started cleaning the drops of blood on the carpet. Then I felt like I couldn't breath, my hearing started going fuzzy. I sat down and then went outside. Later Jay and I joked that he might have had to deal with my concussion and Nate's blood. After the blood stopped and we were able to clean it up, it looks like he hit the window ledge just under his nose. It doesn't look like his nose is broken yet he does have a stuffy nose. No teeth were broken. He'll have a nice bruise though. Aaron was really upset. He said Grandma Carol should have been here. She's a nurse. She was there when Aaron cut his forehead and needed 11 stitches. Aaron told me that he fell in the blood that I forgot to clean up. And since then, he always tells the story that Uncle Brian was chasing them (Nate, Ben and Aaron) and it's all his fault. I almost threw up that day, too. I had to leave the room before they even started stitching. I almost passed out, too. Like when you feel the black curtain rising or falling. Hard to describe.

Both boys were with friends today. Aaron's friend's mom came and picked him up around 10am. We went to get him at 4pm. Nate had a birthday party that started at 1pm and they were going to keep the kids over night. We don't do over nights. Only with grandmas and good friends. Jay and I went to see "Definitely, maybe." It was funny in places. We had a date. Strange and unusual to be with Jay without the boys around.

It was warm enough today to have some windows open. It was so nice to get some fresh air into the house. I hope we got the germs out. Because Germ-boy, I mean Jay, is still sick from 15 days ago. He did go to the doctor. But it's lingering. I was sick and feel better now.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Too. Much. Drama. I am glad to be out of your house when all this stuff is happening! I was at the house in Bolton when Aaron banged his head, so I'm glad I didn't have to see Nate's mishap. Sorry to say, but they are definitely related to their aunt Juli. She spent a good portion of her childhood in the ER. Stitches, broken arm, broken collarbone, broken hand, more stitches. She pretty much knew all the doctors' names by the time she was a teenager.

Anyway, I'm glad Nate will be OK. And that his teeth aren't broken. Now he can tell his friends war stories and embellish a little.

Cold here, more snow expected by rush hour this afternoon. FUN!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

Love you,
Jodi