Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday, Feb. 7

I've got the cold that Jay brought home. He's been sick for a week. I hope I get over it sooner. He even decided to go to the doctor. He must not be feeling well.

Nate went back into his gifted class on Monday. I met a second time with the teachers and principal. He is just fine. We'll go back to the counsellor. I do have a few more questions but those can wait.

I've had three good blood pressure readings in the last 10 days. (the colonoscopy doctor, surgeon and GP) I just can't get a reading at the oncologist's office. They have a machine that automatically pumps up to 250 or more. It feels like 3000! Anyway, it squeezes my arm until my hand feels like it's gong to fall off. It gets a little numb and tingly. It usually doesn't get the reading on the first try so it has to pump up twice. That alone makes my pressure go up. And when it tries to go for the third time, I have to rip it off. The nurse called me her "problem child" the last time I was there. The time before that my reading was 155/80-something. Doc wasn't happy about that. But I think he needs to get his blood pressure take with those automatic machines. These three readings were around 124/76. At my GP appointment, we talked about what I do for fun. The funniest was my "hobby" of going to doctors appointments. That's not really that funny. I've been to my own appointments and the boys' annual exams. Next is their dental and also eye exams. Hobby. Hmm.

How boring is this to just talk about sickness and doctors? I can't even come up with anything else to tell you. Here's something: I made an orange bundt cake today. I used a white cake mix and added zest & orange juice instead of water. I just took it out of the oven. I forgot to grease the pan but it's a silicon pan so maybe it won't matter. I'll find out. The Today show is doing a segment on "Fool-proof Tarts." Interesting...

2 comments:

Jeannemarie said...

well Nancy,
I suppose maybe it does get boring talking about doctors appts. ALthough I'm not sure it is any more boring than what my days consist of...emptying the dishwasher, filling up the dishwasher, doing laundry, vacuuming up dog hair, EVERY DAY! Oh well I must remember my joy doesn't come from these chores (obviously!!) but from my Lord & Saviour. Blessings ot you and your family:-)

Jodi said...

Well, I have a foolish tart for a neighbor - not the same thing as a fool-proof tart.

Going to doctor is F-U-N. HA! I think my time is spent reading my 200 emails a day at work. Some days I can feel my eyeballs spinning around independently of each other. Now THAT'S fun.

We have sunshine and upper 40s for temps today. It sure is nice to have a bright blue sky...

More later. Thanks for the updates...
Jodi